Monday, September 05, 2005

The big boy and his bear

Jaan has been daytime potty trained for quite a while, but he was still going to bed in diapers. As I mentioned yesterday, we're having a shortage of clean diapers and sunshine here. Because of that, I put Jaan to bed in training pants last night. He woke me up when he needed to go to the bathroom. This morning he was dry. What a big boy!

Now, about the bear: in just the past few days Jaan has become very attached to one certain teddy bear. Mi-ka has to do everything with him. (Mi-ka = mishka = bear in Russian.)

This morning when Jaan woke up, I hurried him into the bathroom. Of course, Mi-ka had to go with him. I wish you could have seen Jaan sleepily sitting on the big toilet with Mi-ka in his arms! (I wish Will would come back with the camera!) After a few minutes Jaan wanted some toilet paper. I didn't know what it was for, but I gave him one square. He very carefully laid the bear across his lap and wiped it, then signed that he was all done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious picture of your big boy!

Love you all....

Anonymous said...

Awww so sweet!! Even without a photo I can picture that!!