Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Rainy days

The snow has melted into muddy slush, and this is the third day of drippy grey weather. Monday and Tuesday Jaan was fine with staying inside and doing fun projects. Cabin fever hit hard today, though. It seems like Jaan has whined, cried and fussed all morning. He had a fit when I brought out supplies for an art project that should have gotten him all excited. (Scissors and glue!) I'm hoping that he'll wake up from his nap in a better frame of mind. Praise the Lord that Raia doesn't care what the weather is like!

Monday I printed out an A coloring page to cater to Jaan's obsession with A's. Then we just cut up paper, colored, wrote notes to each other and had a great time. Yesterday we painted with some painted-filled brushes that Baba Julie brought over. Jaan loved that! Tomorrow I think we're going to have to go outside, even if the weather stays cold and wet.

Will's in Vladimir overnight for meetings. . . .



4:00 - I'm back, with a much happier boy in my lap!


Happy and sad (a picture of our morning)
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

I just meant to get a photo of the smiley cutie. I didn't notice the crying brother until I looked at my photos on the computer. Then I just had to post it, because it was such an honest glimpse of our morning.


Now he's happy!
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray Jaan's nap works wonders.

Much love to each of you....