Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Evening Post, issue 9


(I'm setting this to post automatically while we're on our Thanksgiving trip to visit Anna in Odessa.)

A photo from this week:


Our weird cat's favorite way to sleep
(I didn't take many photos at all over the past week.)

Jaan... has been playing the piano a lot lately! It seems a little strange to me, but his teacher has encouraged me not to make him practice. (Is she really Russian?) And when I don't, he sits down at the piano by himself to play his assigned songs and his own compostions.

Raia: I asked Raia what to say about her this week. She replied, "Tell them that I study at home when Asya sleeps." You may already know that, but it's very important to her!

Asya... is a little confused about this trip to Odessa, but very excited. I think the last time we saw Anna was in Poland. Asya understands that she won't see Clarissa (who lives in Poland) this time, but she keeps saying that we're going to Poland to see Anna and feed the swans. She's been pushing her dolls and stuffed animals around in a box, saying that they're on the train to Poland all week.

Will... has been busy this week, but I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that has happened for him. He has spent a lot of time getting us ready to travel to Odessa, buying tickets and such.

School this week: We finished the first term! Also, coincidentally, we finished the Reception level of math. Now Jaan's in MEP, Year 1.

My books and knitting... are still there? I'm afraid I've been neglecting them.

Weather and nature observations: Maybe it's starting to get cooler? We've enjoyed watching the birds out our windows, now that the trees are bare. The jays and woodpeckers are either much more active, or just more visible now.

Other news, ministry, notes and miscellaneous from the week: 'Tis the season for youth conferences! I think there were three going on this weekend and next. Will chose one, and he's getting a group together to attend that when we get back from Odessa. Also, Wednesday night Bible studies are becoming a challenge for Will, because they're evolving from a church youth fellowship time, into something that spans all ages and levels from unbelievers to older Christians. It's good, but--like I said--a challenge.

On this date in. . . 2005: I posted three great photos of Baby Raia and Jaan. In 2006, I wrote about their Thanksgiving crafts.

holy experience

Just a few things I'm thankful for...
  • Thanksgiving Day!
  • traveling as a family
  • eggs for breakfast, prepared by Will
  • the quiet of November days
  • a bright sunrise

My question for you (an easy one!): What are five things that you're thankful for?

9 comments:

Baba Julie said...

Great post! Love hearing about your week!
1) The Lord Jesus Christ and His gift of ETERNAL LIFE!!
2) Children and grandchildren who all love and are serving the Lord!
3) A husband who loves me and takes such wonderful care of me!
4) A loving church family and so many dear friends
5) A beautiful place to live (I am so in awe of the beauty all around me)

Mom said...

Although I have already sent you my list via e-mail, an additional delight is being able to observe the beauty of the training you are providing for your children. Watching from afar as you show them the wonders of God's creation and the beauty His love brings joy to my heart.

Much love....

Anonymous said...

1. The certainty of eternal life, based on Jesus' promise that whoever believes in Him has eternal life as a present possession, based on his death & resurrection on my behalf!
2. The indwelling Holy Spirit who teaches, encourages, and chides me afs needed.
3. The written Word of God so I can know much about Him and have the blessed hope of Christ's coming again to rule and reign for 1000 years and then eternally over the new heavens and new earth.
4. A wife who loves me and takes such wonderful care of me!
5. Church family, other co-laborers near and far, and since you said 5 I'm stretching this: children and grandchildren who all make me happy and proud, North Carolina BBQ, fish camps, fall colors, and livermush!

D/B/G

Macphil said...

1. A loving God
2. My lovely wife
3. My wonderful daughters
4. My fantastic grandchildren
5. My extended life to enjoy all of the above
I'll stop at five because that's all you asked for, but my iPad wants to add one of his own.
Apple Inc's incredible innovations.
Love,
Dad, Grandda, Space Potato

Rita said...

Faith from God!
Family
Friends
Finances
Future with God!

Mom said...

In the spirit of Thanksgiving and because we asked others to respond to your blog, I list here those blessings I already sent you via e-mail.

1. increased spiritual stirrings within myself and CCC
2. my wonderful, faithful husband
3. a daughter who ministers to her husband, their beautiful children and others in Ukraine
4. a local daughter who delights in her daughter
5. the opportunity to have Mother nearby and to see her every day

Truly I am blessed.

Leetra said...

*Isla
*Scott
*Baby kisses
*Family time
*Running

Scott said...

Scott is thankful for...
*Isla
*Leetra
*Health
*Family
*Life

Grandma said...

1. God's unspeakable gift
2. Four precious children who love me and each other and a wonderful son-in-law and daughter-in-law
3. a free country and volunteer troops to keep us safe
4. Five wonderful grandchildren and four precious great-grandchildren
5. Parents who gave me a solid foundation