Monday, June 04, 2018

First day of camp




Today is the first day of camp at the Stepanovka children's shelter. And I'm home with our own sick little boy. 

This is one of those days when I'm so thankful for my family. I had a cute little English lesson planned for the 3-7 age group and was all ready to go last night. Then Bogdan's cough came back with a vengeance and kept us up in the night. (He seemed so much better, but then I let him play in the river last night, and he got too cold.) In the night I was thinking that I could have Raia stay home with him. Jaan is translating for our American guest in her group, and Will is with the teen boys, so Raia was the only one left. But she really wanted to go, and she was perfectly comfortable taking over teaching and helping with the little ones I was supposed to be with today. 

So far, I've seen a few photos that our friend posted, including these of the youngest group (with Raia in one picture). I know they're also dealing with this thunderstorm I see out the window. That could be a challenge, because the shelter is doing major renovations, so the camp team was supposed to be keeping the kids away from that and happy outside.

Please be praying for camp and for Bogdan to be feeling better as soon as possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see the work for the Lord that is going on there! Praying for much fruit for your labors, a wonderful time for the children and Bogdan and Mama to be able to join the fun soon!! Love, Baba Julie