Monday, October 21, 2019

Nothing really new

My faithful little "dog"
We're doing well here, very busy getting ready for my parents' visit. They're arriving on Friday! Also, three completely different things came together this morning, so poor Will was trying to talk on the phone, keep up with emails, and do math with Bogdan all at once. He even had to use my phone along with his to get it all done.

One of those things was an announcement from the US Embassy that they'll be in Kherson on Thursday. Two of our children need new passports. I had kind of been thinking that we would get them during fall break from school, but then when my parents were able to come, of course their visit outranked a passport trip to Kyiv. The embassy almost never comes here, so this is really great. But it means we need to get an appointment and pull together documents right away.

The Agape Photo Project started in our region last week. Our three older children helped at the orphanage here in town. This week the team will be traveling to more orphanages, and our kids (and maybe Will?) will also go on some of the trips. Raia is probably actually going to be doing the photography on Wednesday.

A Photo Project helper
We bought a scale last week and were happy to see that I was up to 50 kgs, which is where the doctors would like to see me. I'm back below that again now, but not far. I've felt good this whole time and don't think they'll have any problems with giving me more Keytruda on Friday. Train schedules have been a bit weird, but I just now got myself a return ticket for Saturday; I already had one to go on Thursday.

I'll close with photos from our nature walk this morning. (I liked that as we left the house this morning, Babushka O. from across the road stuck her head out and asked if we were going on a nature walk, as if that was what everyone does. We're no longer the weird homeschoolers.)





4 comments:

Mom said...

A post filled with happy news--how nice!--and the "no longer the weird homeschoolers" comment makes me smile. Have you been able to get passport appointments? (If there is anything we can do to help with that or anything else while we are there, please have us do it.) Much love to each of you!

Lindy Johnson said...

Such an upbeat post. Remember you come by “weird homeschoolers” naturally! I hope all the paperwork goes well and you keep that weight on. Love the pictures! Enjoy the visiting relatives.

Baba Julie said...

So nice! I love the picture of your "faithful dog"! And, this one doesn't bark! So glad that Raia may be helping w/ the photography! She is very talented! And, the picture of Asya is very nice! She is always a good helper, too! We are thrilled to hear that you have gained the needed weight and are feeling well! We will be praying for your trip to get your Keytruda and for a lovely visit w/ your parents! Praying for successful acquiring of passports, also! We love you all!

Lorraine said...

Loving the beauties you found on your nature walk. How wonderful for all of you!!! Praying here as well.