Monday, January 20, 2020

Keytruda #11 (and no Warsaw?)

The travel itself wasn't fun, but otherwise I had a really good trip this time around. That's just what I needed after the difficulties last time. My friend Anne gave me her whole day. The time at the clinic went smoothly and quickly, and then we had lunch and went back to Anne's to rest. In the evening her small group from church came over, and I got to meet them (and all their babies!) before my train home.

Anne took this photo.
My blood work was good, and there weren't any problems. My doctor said that I have had such good results with Keytruda, that it might be time to start talking about finishing treatment. So, she wants me to get a PET scan, instead of scheduling another Keytruda. It is possible that what CT scans show as remaining tumours might just be dead tissue, and a PET scan should tell us if that is the case or not. There are only a few places that do them in Ukraine, so it can be hard to get an appointment. When she heard that we're going to Poland soon, she jumped on that and suggested that we do it there. My friend in Poland already did some research for me, and Will's going to call to the other option in Kyiv today. Then we can decide when and where and how.

Also, there are visa appointments at the Kraków embassy now, so Will is going to try to pull our applications out of the Warsaw queue and get us in for Kraków.

I seem to be even more tired than usual this time around, but otherwise I feel fine. I'm enjoying naps and early bedtimes. As always, it's just really good to be home.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Tried to read this aloud to Dad...couldn't even make it through without tears. We praise God for the good news, even as we continue to pray for scan arrangements and that what is revealed there will be good as well. We love you.

Baba Julie said...

We are overjoyed to hear the possibility of you being able to stop the treatments. (I'm sure you would love that, as well!) We are praying along w/ you for the right place to have the scan and for the ability to apply for the visas in Krakow! Love you and all the family!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like progress is happening with your illness.. I hold you in my prayers everyday.Not sure exactly what is happening with Poland..is this a permanent move?
Pray this resolves soon.

BLESSINGS
Pam Greenwood

Lindy Johnson said...

Sounds very positive and moving in the right direction. I hope the Poland connection works out and visas and scans go smoothly. Always in my thoughts!