Monday, February 10, 2020

PET scan plans


Tomorrow night I'll travel to Kyiv for my PET scan, which will be on Wednesday at a new-to-me place out beyond the edge of the city. PET scans use radioactive sugar to show how active tumours are. The CT scans I've had before this just show size and shape. It sounds like this will be quite a procedure. Will called to see if they could take me earlier in the day, so that I don't have to fast as long, and they said, no, melanoma patients always go last, because their scans take the longest. I can eat breakfast though.

We had planned that I would stay overnight afterwards in Kyiv and see my own doctor the next day to go over the results, but again... melanoma. They say the results take longer than with other cancers, so we cancelled with my doctor. I'll just come home that night, and when we get the results (around 3 working days), we'll email them on to my doctor.

Please pray for my travels, the actual scan, and for good results, of course! It is possible that this scan could show that what is left is not active cancer, and then I could be done with treatment.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Praying, praying, praying!

Thank you for this update. We love you dearly.

Lindy Johnson said...

If there was a way I’d send big (awkward) hugs to help through this! Since I can’t, please know you will be near to my heart for the next several days. Love you!

Baba Julie said...

PRAYING!! We know this will be a hard trip for you with a hard procedure!! You are in our prayers and our love is with you for a GREAT outcome!!