Thursday, January 25, 2024

Camp(s)

I saw Bogdan off to Young Life winter camp this morning. He loved this camp last year. This year we didn't think he would be able to go, but it worked out beyond what we expected. The only problem is that his friend from here--the one he was so looking forward to going with like last year--came down with chicken pox and had to stay home. But a friend from Kherson, who was here then went home at the start of the school year, is back now for this camp, so Bogdan has her and his friend's sister to keep him company. Plus, he makes friends well. I'm sure he'll have a wonderful time. All the rain we got here last night apparently came down as snow in the mountains, so they're all looking forward to sledding and other snow fun.



The ice we braved to get to the train

There are no "OPSEC"* challenges for this camp, no threats of various military strikes, only fun, snow, and mountains. I'm taking my morning off from homeschooling Bogdan to go back through Kherson camp memories and photos, the ones that can't be shared here. Hopefully I'll get something written up to share in email. It's so hard to know what to say.


Edited to add: I’ve already gotten two photos from camp. That’s Bogdan in the lead, rolling down the hill:


*Almost all my military-type vocabulary is in Ukrainian, but that actually popped into my head in English, so I used it.

No comments: