Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Evening Post

I have one friend who just started doing a "Weekly Wrap" on her blog. Another often does a "Sunday Evening Post." And then there are those blogs that have such pretty Daybooks. It's been hard for me to find time to write lately, so I'm going to try to get in a least a weekly post, something of a combination of all of the above, a summary of the week behind us.

Jaan this week: He has his first loose tooth!

Raia this week: It looks to me like her beloved reading are lessons are starting to click. She can combine two sounds now, which for some reason was a real roadblock for her at first.

Asya this week: She turned THREE! We celebrated with a special birthday dinner, where her beloved Alina was the guest of honor.

School this week: We finished Week 4, and we're loving every minute of it. I need to rethink what we're doing for reading practice....

My books and knitting: (I finally have time for hobbies, so maybe I'll write about them some. ) I'm really enjoying Sigrid Unset's Kristin Lavrensdatter trilogy. It's nice to have some serious reading going again. And all I have on my needles right now is an August afghan square that I didn't get finished in August.

Weather and nature observations: The weather has been just beautiful! I love this time of year. The very tops of the ash trees outside our windows have started turning yellow.

Other news, ministry, notes and miscellaneous from the week: The youth and children have been busy preparing for the harvest holiday, Zhatva, all week (month!). Then, today was the big holiday. And it was wonderful! The Sunday School children recited a "declamation," a visiting brass/folk orchestra played, there were lots of guests, all kinds of special music, and five sermons.



On this date in. . . 2005, I wrote about Zhatva in Viazniki. Fun pictures and wonderful memories! It still makes me a little sad to look, though, because I miss those people so much.
(In this section, I'll go back in the archives and see what was happening a few years ago.)


My question for you: What else would you like to see here each week? Or what isn't interesting and should go?

2 comments:

Anna said...

I like it all and am wondering if I should attempt to do something similar. I'm not sure how good I would be at doing it every Sun. evening with regularity. I do think it would be good for to do it, though, particularly for the ministry aspect. Thanks for the idea!

Baba Julie said...

I like the Sunday Evening Post. Nice recap of the week's activities! Tell Jaan I said to "wiggle that tooth"! (: (Doesn't seem possible! He is really growing up!) Love you all and we're praying!