Thursday, March 14, 2019

Bogdan's 8th birthday

On March 12 Bogdan turned eight. We all took the day off from school. In the morning he opened presents that had just arrived in a Meest box the night before. Everything was exactly what he wanted, and he was so excited!



Toothless/Toothy dragon and Mr. Snaggletooth
For special food he wanted shashlik, and Will prepared that for lunch. The weather wasn't great, so we ate inside, but it all tasted wonderful anyway. Then Bogdan and I went to his regular art classes. I read in the corridor while he worked. Then during the tea break I served the cupcakes that we had prepared. His teachers and classmates congratulated him and sang happy birthday.




After art school we came home and had dinner and more cake...



...and then more playtime with his new toys.

The sunset was especially beautiful. When we ran out to look at it, I told Bogdan that it was his birthday present from God. I loved how he looked up and said "spasibo" before he ran back to his play.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a celebrative day! I especially like the ending. Love to Bogdan...and to each precious one in your household.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That "spasibo" to God for the sunset brought tears to my eyes! Such a beautiful ending to a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses to our now 8 yr old Bogdan!! And, love to everyone!! Julie and Bernie