Sunday, January 07, 2007

Merry Christmas! (again)

Yesterday was the children's Christmas program. Raia and I had to stay home, because she has a gooky cold. Jaan went and had a wonderful time, though. Will was a donkey, who told part of the Christmas story. The other adults were different animals, who each told their part.

Monsieur Ee-aw
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

(I know it's dark. Sorry.)



Today was the main Christmas service and celebration, and again we stayed home. I was sad about it, but then the sunshine came out, and we decided that was in honor of Jesus' birthday. So, we had our own celebration at home. At church. . .

Alyona played her violin
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

. . . and another little boy played his cello. All that must have inspired Will, because he came home. . .



Tuned his viola
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

. . . and played Christmas carols for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, an online friend (an Orthodox Priest's wife), shared your site with us a while back and I've been avidly reading about your life in Russia. As a child I used to dream of doing missions work, and I just finished a degree in Slavic Languages and Literature, with an emphasis in Russian, so it is especially fun for me to read about what you are doing and the Russian your sweet children use! Today I just had to comment and say hello, because my daughter's name is Alëna! Blessings!