Thursday, May 02, 2019

I'm home!

It feels to good to be here, and it's so quiet that I feel like I have suddenly gone deaf. I sat outside for quite a while, enjoying little boys, ducks, sunshine, and green grass. Then I took a nap. I got one shot for pain before I left the hospital, then a nurse from church just came by to give me one for the evening, a bit early. She's coming back in the morning, after her shift at work.

Will has gotten calls from the cancer institute in Kyiv several times already today. They might have results for us by tomorrow. That's much faster than we had heard. Once we have those results, we'll know exactly what kind of cancer I have, and we'll be able to talk about what the next steps are.

8 comments:

Lynn Bruce said...

Praise the Lord! We keep praying over it all.

Mama Squirrel said...

Here too. I'm glad you are able to enjoy this time at home.

Mom said...

The beauty of those two boys, green grass and sunshine...what a delight! We love you.

Unknown said...

I’m so glad you heard from the cancer institute so quickly. Praying for you from the Deep South here in Georgia.

Unknown said...

Didn’t realize it wouldn’t publish my name. Susan Daniel

Lindy Johnson said...

Love the green grass and children. Nothing better than being outdoors with trucks!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad to hear that they are looking at your records so quickly and asking so many questions. Praying for a quick diagnosis and that you and they will have the wisdom for the path to follow. And, so grateful you are home! I know you are enjoying just being there!! Love you and each one! Julie/Baba/Mom

Dawn said...

Being able to read updates here is wonderful, Phyllis, and I am so very glad to hear that you are home. Will continue to be lifting you and your family - in the Ukraine and here in the States - up to the Lord in prayer as you navigate these waters. Dawn