Friday, May 31, 2019

Very short update


There's so much I need to write, but I don't have the brain power for it, and I need to hurry before an IV.

Answers to the prayer requests we gave before, in no particular order:
-There is no metastasis in my brain. (Good!)
-My tumors do not have the genetic mutation that responds to target therapy. (Sad.)
-Travel was really good and easy. (Picture is from super-deluxe train compartment on the way to Kyiv.)
-This clinic is amazing!
-Our children are doing well at home and/or with friends.

Will is going to try to get home tonight. I have stayed at the clinic, in their inpatient area. (Night and day, compared to public hospital!) They are trying to bring my hemoglobin levels up now and plan to start immunotherapy (Keytruda) on Monday. If I handle that well, Will can come get me on Tuesday, and I'll have three weeks at home before the next infusion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your update. We are so glad that your travel was not bad. Very happy that the cancer has not metastisized into your brain and that you can start the immunotherapy and very sad to hear that you cannot do the targeted treatment. We continue to pray and love you very much. Julie and Bernie

Laurel said...

Praise the Lord it hasn’t gone to your brain. Praying for you and for the Drs.

Anonymous said...

Love the photo (especially the pirate leg in the mirror! I thought pirate because of the rolled up pants). Glad you have much more specific information and have had an MRI. Hopefully you'll respond well to the treatment and your body will fight this awful cancer. Love you very much.

Mom said...

VERY thankful "there's nothing in your brain!" We love you dearly.

Anonymous said...

So, so, so very thankful for the good MRI report. I love your mother's humor even if she stole the line! Praying for easy travel, good response to treatment, and preserverence through this trial. Love you all!
mmyers

N&S Homes said...

Continuing to be in prayer for you every day. I'm so glad you're in a place where you're being taken care of well. I'm sorry the target therapy isn't going to be an option. Knowing the One made you holds you in His hand. Love you, Alys

ПашаКо said...

В молитве за тебЯ Филис и твою семью, церковь в Коврове также присоединится в молитве, не унываем, Господь над нами делает что хочет, пусть явлена будет сила Его к Славе на тебе.
С любовью семья Корнейчук.