Monday, January 30, 2006

All is well here!

I've just been busy, and not had time for the computer.

Jaan wanted me to take this photo:

"Mama, picture!"
Originally uploaded by fylliska.




Crane
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

During the cold weather, Jaan and I had time indoors to do fun preschool activities from Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready, one of which was making a necklace with paper "beads" and a pipe cleaner "needle." Of course, since Jaan is a boy, his was a crane, which he carefully raised and lowered while making appropriate noises.


Jaan now knows most colors, circles, squares, and letters A, B, C, J, O, Z ("letter zebra"), and Я. He's very careful to turn over the R piece in his alphabet puzzle, and tell us that it is Я (Ya). Talking is coming along slowly, but he amazes me with new words every day.


Posing
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

Raia continues to keep us amused with her "crawling." This photo was a second too late, because she was doing a full split just before. I think she's making progress, but she really doesn't see any reason for forward motion; after all, we carry her everywhere she really needs to go, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey--The comment about Raia's view of life made me laugh out loud--how right she is! And I can just hear the "crane" in motion. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Much love to each one....

Anonymous said...

Fylliska, spasibo balshoi (ooh, that came out of a deep recess of my brain, is it in the correct order? I can't remember!) for sending me Deanna's website! I can't believe that that beautiful girl is the same person I knew so many years ago! Slava Bogu!!!
Jaan's picture made me giggle...I love how he's learning his alphabet bi-lingually. Keep up the good work! Put a kiss on Raia's cute little cheek for me and tell Will hello!
Missing you!