Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January

I love January in Russia! (Of course, that's easy, because I love
all months and seasons here.) January makes me think of crystal
clear days, a drop in temperature, brilliant early sunsets, and
bright whiteness. Today when we went out for our walk it was -1/-18;
-20 is where I start feeling cold, and we're getting close to that.

We've had fun watching the birds in our new bird feeder today, and
Jaan's back to being my good helper in everything. I've really been
fighting him on behavior and attitude for a while now, so it's
especially nice to have my cheerful helper back. Raia's working hard
on her crawling skills. In fact, she can hardly stop to sleep!

Tomorrow we're going in to Moscow to visit friends. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who are you going to see in Moscow? How long do you plan to stay?

I can just envision the crystalline whiteness contrasted with blue sky and the bright breasts of little birds. Where is the bird feeder?

Convinced that Jaan's behavior shift is a direct answer to prayer, I am thankful that it has come soon following our visit. ( We know it's challenging to get back "on track" after holidays and having company.)

We love each of you....