Monday, January 16, 2006

Out of the mouth of babes

Jaan has had me laughing a lot lately, as he's learning to talk more. Almost all of his English words are commands. When I take him to the bathroom, he points to the door and tells me "GOUT!" (go out), then "DOE!" (close the door). If one of us is in his way, he's very quick to say "MOOSH!" (move), or "S' DOWN!", or "S' D' UP!" to get us to where he wants us. We're working on adding "please" to these commands, and he's doing quite well with that. He can clearly say "please" and "пожалуйста" now. "Спасибо" is also very clear, but when he tries to say "thank you," it comes out sounding Ukrainian.

And Raia has been saying "Papa." Really! Last week she was saying "pa-pa-pa-pa-pa." We started trying to get her to just say two syllables together, and she really responded. I think she's even starting to understand what she's saying.

This is just a cute picture of her from yesterday:

Big girl!
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having been with you recently, I can just "see" each of the children doing what you describe. And the photo of Raia is precious. We love each of you....

Charity Grace said...

I just love the little potty! Is it Baby Bjorn? I'm considering infant training my next one. Any tips?