Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wildlife


Woodpecker
Originally uploaded by fylliska.




Lizard
Originally uploaded by fylliska.



We went for a walk in the woods yesterday. While we were out, we saw a woodpecker and a lizard and explored all over. We also collected fall leaves and flowers to decorate tomorrow for Zhatva, the harvest holiday. Jaan's version of that is, "На собрании будем сказать спасибо Богу и подарить Ему цветочки." ("At church we're going to say thank you to God and give Him flowers.")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me that first photo epitomizes your style of life and mothering--delighting in the experience of nature with your children. I enjoy Raia's upstretched arm and the beauty of the trees behind the three of you.

Happy Zhatva!

Much love....

Mrs said...

How beautiful! I envy you your jackets and hats (still too warm in Florida), but I don't evny the snow to come! Best to be outside while you can.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes! I wish you could have been there as well. Your Mom and Dad were there, however, and your Dad gave an encouraging speech on how young I really am. I am blessed!

Anonymous said...

Addition to mrs comments:
I told her she couldn't die yet because she's too young. Aunt Malinda told me the other day that the nice thing about being old is you can't die young.

It works for me.
Dad