Friday, October 28, 2005

SNEG!

Baba and "Danna" left this early morning. (Bernie isn't quite satisfied with this version of Granddaddy, but Jaan seems rather set on it. And, surely it's better than Granny or some of the other ways that Jaan tried to say it?) We didn't think Jaan understood saying goodbye to them last night, but he didn't seem confused at all to find them gone when he woke up. He just said goodbye again and went on about his day.

And his day has already included lots of snow:

Trying to help
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

He was trying to hurry us out the door as I got myself ready.



Jaan in the snow
Originally uploaded by fylliska.




Raia in the snow (Well, not IN the snow, but. . . )
Originally uploaded by fylliska.




Showing off his red nose
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The day must seem dreadfully quiet with the visit over; I am certainly praying for B&J as they travel. I am glad Jaan has the snow to occupy his attention and that he seems to enjoy it so much. Judging from her picture, I am not certain Raia is convinced.

Much love--Mom

Phyllis said...

I think she does like it. She was still upset from getting dressed when I took that picture. She does NOT like that part. Here’s a photo I took later on. Doesn't she look happier (and more peaceful!) there?

Anonymous said...

You're right; she looks like a peacefully praying angel.

Love to each one....

Anonymous said...

Hey Phyllis--
I finally went on your site after not being on here for over a month. Your blogs are wonderful--like an online scrapbook. I love seeing your day-to-day activities, and the whole thing makes me miss Russia! Hello to everyone in Kovrov from MN! :)
Elizabeth