Saturday, August 19, 2006

A happy birthday

I definitely had a happy birthday! Since we've been married, my birthday has gone by every year, usually with some little notice. This year Will went all out in making it special. He bought presents when he was in Moscow, and he's been giving them to me all week. Then, yesterday he topped it all off with a picnic in the woods. He bought and prepared everything. The food was wonderful, and we had a great time together.

Somehow I feel really old. Doesn't twenty-six seem like a big jump forward?

Oh, the city of Kovrov also gave me a birthday present. The hot water came on yesterday! Of course, that was more likely in honor of the 90th birthday of The Factory, but I certainly appreciate it, too.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday, and thank you to Will for giving me a birthday to remember!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said on the phone, our commendations to Will! We continue to be very thankful your day was a happy one. With love to all....

amazing journeys said...

Oh, Phyllis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! YAAAY for a wonderful day and for Will to have thought of a great plan to celebrate! Hope he does it every year now, eh? :)

We are only half a year apart in age (me being younger that is ;) )!!! That's great!

Praying that your birthday is a great start to a new blessed year in your life!

Anonymous said...

Wait'll you hit 36...you'll look back and long for the days of your 20's!!

Laura

Karen G. said...

Happy Birthday, Phyllis! Glad the roof kept you dry.

I didn't quite realize it at the time, but I had absorbed the idea that 21 was the perfect age. I did not realize I felt that way until I turned 22...and suddenly, it struck me that I would never be 21 again! Maybe you subconsciously considered 25 some kind of benchmark?

Our birthdays are very close together--mine is the 28th of August--but if you are lamenting turning 26 as being "old," I'm not even going to tell you how old I'll be!!!!!!

Loving Life said...

Wow! Happy belated Birthday Phyllis!
I love hearing how our dear husbands 'go above and beyond' for the women they love :)
As for feeling old... I turned 26 in April and I do feel like I've reached the benchmark of no longer 'young'- HOWEVER... just about the time I start thinking that, people call me 'miss' and the 'psychological aches and pains of gaining candles evaporates :)
I'm glad you had such a good day!

Mimi said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday

Evelina said...

С днем рождения, Филлис! Благословений тебе. Молодец, Вилл, так держать!!! :)