Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A regular, happy day


My little helpers
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

Doing laundry before going out.



We had a wonderful morning. After getting some things done around here, we went for a walk in the woods, all four of us together. Jaan and Raia like to get off the sled and push and pull it: Jaan in front, Raia pushing from behind. Her little legs move so fast! I say she's training for a dog sled race.

(Yikes! As I sit here at the computer I can see the building across from us. It has a terrible problem with icicles, which can be very dangerous. I guess they decided to do something about that this year. There's a man crawling along the edge of the roof, with a hatchet, chopping off icicles. Some of them are bigger than he is!)

Now Jaan and Raia are sleeping off all the exercise and fresh air that they got this morning. When they wake up, we'll finish our Thanksgiving display. I might come back and post more photos today, but no promises.

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Argh! Icicles as large as a man?

I sit here in my (to you) balmy home of 67 degrees and I'm freezing. God knew what he was doing when he chose Phyllis instead of me for Russia!

Anonymous said...

Every time I read about Jaan and Raia and the sled, I smile. Thank you for the adorable word picture.

Much love to each one....

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for you! Your friendship as always is a gift that I treasure close to my heart. Hug your little ones for me, and Will too! Love you!