Monday, November 27, 2006

Sweet Raia

Here's an entry just for her.


Girly girl
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

I mentioned that our neighbor brought over a stack of books for Jaan. She also brought valenki for Raia ("so that she can look like a real peasant girl" and have warm feet, of course) and a set of matryoshki. Raia has adopted the matryoshki and cannot put them down. She stacks then in all kinds of creative ways, pretends to count them, carries them around, and babies them. She'll cuddle the biggest one and put her finger over her lips, while hissing at me to be quiet, because the baby is asleep.




Papa's girl
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

This is Raia's drill. She's learned from her Papa! She makes a great "d-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-R-R-R" noise while she works.




Playing dress up
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

Here she is dressed up as her hero: Jaan!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I beat all of the grandparents to the first comment? amazing. That's what happens when I get to work early, I guess. The pictures of Raia are so cute. I particularly like the one of her cuddling her matrushka.

Anonymous said...

She dressed up as Jaan! How cute!

Anonymous said...

Of course she is adorable! Thank you for sharing Raia's sweet face with us. Much love...

Mrs said...

Is it just me, or does Raiya resemble pictures of her Aunt Leetra seen in your parents' home?

She's so adorable!

Mrs said...

Oops, sorry for the misspelling of her name. Fingers were faster than the brain there.

Lindy Johnson said...

The picture of Raia cuddling her matrushka really looks like Leetra. The expression is one I remember seeing on Leetra's face many times (maybe even last summer at the pool table!). It's great to see the children as they grow.

Anonymous said...

Phyllis,

I read your blog each day. I am assuming Leetra is your sister. I keep reading how much Raia looks like her. I was wondering if you could post a pic of her (could even be an outdated one) for us to see? If it's too spooky since this is the WWW, that's OK! :)

Laura

Anonymous said...

I have a picture from last month where I'm making that face=)

Phyllis said...

Yes, Leetra is my sister. :-)

Leetra, can you post that photo here? I'll email you to tell you how. Mom and Dad, if you want to add any baby pictures of her, please do.