Sunday, August 07, 2005

Crybaby

Lately Raia has had good days and bad days. The last few have been pretty bad. She seems to cry a whole lot. We've noticed that she's developing an umbilical hernia like Jaan had. This time I know that it's nothing to worry about, and I know what to do for it, but I think it must be uncomfortable for her. Jaan was at his fussiest when he had his hernia, too.

She's crying so much that one of our neighbors stopped me yesterday and told me that someone must have put the Evil Eye on her. She then started listing off strange things I should do to counteract that. So, pray for our neighbors, when you pray for us. Pray for them to be patient with the crying, but also pray that they would come to know the Truth.

Who wants to come hold Raia for me?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I volunteer a hundred times over (although I don't sing nearly so well as Julie). Remembering how difficult it is to deal with all this when you are already exhausted, I surround you with prayers and love--Mom

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all. Of course I would love to hold Raia too!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to hold little Raia!!

I personally don't believe in the evil eye. Don't know if your neighbors are practicing Orthodox Christians and if they are how much they understand the Church and her teachings. I thought you might like to read this article to maybe help you understand where they are coming from. (((hugs and prayers)) Reading about your little girl is really making me excited about our little girl! Only 10 more weeks! Pray for me!!

http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7079.asp

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that Phyllis, for some reason the whole link did not get posted.

http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7079.asp

Anonymous said...

/articles/article7079.asp

okay the link keeps getting cut in half! Here is the other half. Hope you are interested in reading this article after all that! LOL : )

http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7079.asp

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phyllis said...

Lisa, I just deleted the article because it was so long. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I did enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis,
I haven't been on here in a long time. The pictures are so sweet. Tell Jaan and Raia that both of their Tyotyas really miss them and give them big hugs and kisses for us.