Monday, August 08, 2005

Potty pictures

I feel like I'm having to give up on anything that can't be done while bouncing a crying baby. You know, all those unimportant things like eating, going to the bathroom, cooking, and such. Just kidding. It does get frustrating, though. I finally got Raia to sleep, so I'm going to type fast now. Hmm, if I could just learn how to type with my nose. . .

Actually, after I told everyone what a hard time we're having, Raia did give me one really thoughtful gift yesterday: she slept all the way through church. Jaan did, too. Seeing both of them curled up together so sweetly for two whole hours probably made everyone wonder what I meant about fussiness. It was a very refreshing break for me!

OK, on to the photos:


Potty partners
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

Unfortunately, Raia was indulging in her recent favorite pastime when Will took the picture. She doesn't like to sit any longer than it takes her to do her business. She's happy until she's done, but then she's DONE. I guess not even posing for a photo will keep her interest. I still thought it was cute though. (There had better be some Langers reading this to make posting such a silly photo caption worthwhile! Kristin? Kara? Are you there?)


A happier potty picture
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

4 comments:

A day in the life... said...

These pics are ADORABLE!! and I thought I was doing so good to have Caleb done before his 2nd birthday - you're my hero!! :)

praying for you - esp on hot days like today... sometimes a few tsps. of chamomile tea helps?? take care!!
susan

Anonymous said...

Jaan's evident care for Raia is precious. What a blessing your children are, and what a blessing you are to so faithfully share them!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm in shock over seeing Raia on the potty. Total shock! Good job, Mama!! I pray she continues to sleep through church!! - Jennie

Phyllis said...

Susan and Jennie, don't get too excited. :-) She still has a long way to go before she's potty trained.