Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Home alone

Will left early this morning for Moscow, so we are Papa-less here. So far, all is going smoothly, even though we miss him. Raia seems to be getting less fussy. Yesterday was better, but then she gave us a hard time during the night. Today she's had fussy spells, but I think it's better overall. That's a big answer to prayer, because I don't think I could survive without Will, if she was still screaming so much.

Jaan and I have been busy with fun little projects. He's become quite an artist just recently. He loves to color. We bought him a paint with water book, which just fascinates him. (That's what he's doing in the photo below.) I made the mistake of letting him use my scissors (with help, of course); now he thinks he should be able to use them all the time. It's fun to see him enjoying all this so much.




The artist at work
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

See how we avoid too much mess? He gets a whole bottle cap full of water.

Please be praying for our document problems to be resolved!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the photo of Jaan the artist warms my heart!

We keep praying for resolution and for you as you parent alone. Love, love, love--Mom

Carrie said...

Hi Phyllis,

I love Jaan's look of concentration. The bottle cap is a wonderful idea! I pray your day goes well without Will. It is great when Jon is around to help when Caleb is fussy.
Jon and I are praying with you about the whole document situation.
Love, Carrie

Anonymous said...

CUTE! and smart idea about the cap full of water. Glad Raiah is doing better.

It must be hard to be without Will. Praying all goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Phyllis!

Sure am enjoying the photos and the descriptions of the kids and life in general, and praying quite often about the documents. Also that Raia would settle down. I'm holding down the fort here with the dogs/cat/house while Julie/Abby are at Awana camp this week. I'm not at all fond of being a 'bachelor'. Anna's cooking a special meal for my birthday tomorrow night. Much love to all!

D/B/G