Monday, June 19, 2006

Prayer requests

Please remember to pray for my Dad. His surgery is today. If you want more details, be sure to read his blog (and leave him a comment!).

Also, this is less important, but please pray for our computer. Yesterday it made bad noises and would only work if I held it upside-down. God healed it overnight. This happened once before, though, so I'm worried.

Now, something to make you laugh. . . .
I overheard this a few days ago.
Scene: Jaan comes across a group of five-year-old "soldiers" defending their "tank" as we were walking outside.
BOYS: (yelling) Stop! Are you a Nazi?
JAAN: Nyet.
BOYS: Are you a wolf?
JAAN: Nyet.
BOYS: Well, then. Who are you?
JAAN: I'm a whale.
And that must have been the password or something, because the boys didn't think it was strange at all. They decided right away not to shoot him, and he spent the rest of his time outside playing with them.

Anna and Abby are still in Vladimir. They were supposed to be in Viazniki, so I don't know exactly what is happening. Camps this week are in Gus-Khrustalnii and Viazniki, as far as I know.

UPDATE (10:00 a.m.): Anna had written that everyone went to set up in Goose and never returned. She hadn't heard anything and was rather puzzled. Now, Ivan just called us and said that his van broke down there. Will's passing that news on to Anna now. Please pray for Ivan's van to get fixed quickly and for everyone to get to where they need to be.

5 comments:

A day in the life... said...

Phyllis will be praying today! That is the cutest story from Mr. Whale :)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Honey, you have made me laugh! Thanks--and more thanks for your prayers and concern.

Love you....

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I read this before surgery. You could have caused me to laugh when I don't think it would have been a good time to laugh. I'm a no-laugh zone for the next few days until the stitches settle down. It's 5 am, and I'm off to surgery. Thanks for all the prayers. And thanks for this precious memory to take with me today. I love ya'll. Give the sweetest grandkids in the world a hug from Grandda.

amazing journeys said...

Praying for your Dad! And Phyllis, you have a very important role this summer, too - keeping us all updated! Thanks for writing. Hopefully your computer will soon get tired of being upside down and will get better to be able to work as it should ;)

I'll have to teach C to say whale when we come to Russia ;)

Olya

Mimi said...

You and your dad have my prayers.