Monday, March 13, 2006

My plant lover

Will bought lettuce that came in a little pot, with the roots and all. When I started breaking it up for salad last night, Jaan got very upset: "Mama, plant, plant. Hurts! No, Mama!" And he went through his whole recitation of how plants grow and how much he loves them. I've heard of children becoming vegetarians because they can't stand the thought of cruelty to animals. What about the other way around?

He and I are loving all the seeds sprouting in our windowsills!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaan makes me laugh! He also so reminds me of you. Did you have salad?

Love to each one....

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical, but very sweet. I think that it's great that he likes plants at such an early age. He won't be one of those children that drive me crazy by pulling all the flowers off of bushes/trees just for the heck of it.

Phyllis said...

Yes, we had salad. Jaan was okay with it after I explained (and distracted him). He didn't notice again once the lettuce didn't look so much like one of his beloved plants.