Thursday, May 18, 2006

New accomplishments

Yesterday Raia took her first step! Well, that's a slight exaggeration. She's just getting to where she can stand on her own for a second or two, and she has a long way to go before she learns to walk, but she did try. She was standing up, holding on to something, so I called her. She turned and did a little jump-dive-step right into my arms!

Just recently I heard Jaan counting: "Час," (раз?) "ва, три," (four is too hard to say) "пять, шесть, семь, шесть, семь, шесть, семь. . . ." I had no idea that he could go beyond two! I also heard him say seven, when I said six in another conversation. Of course, he won't count at all, when I ask him to. He only does it when he thinks no one is listening.

3 comments:

BabaJulie said...

Hi, Phyllis! Does Jaan count in English? Is it confusing for him, doing all of this in two languages or does he just go back and forth between the two?

That's so exciting to hear about Raia's first step! Wish we could be there to see her!

And, we love the picture of "the thinker"! Very appropriate!! Hugs and Kisses!

Mom said...

For us, for yourselves, and for your children, I am thankful you are recording these significant and precious milestones.

Much love....

Phyllis said...

Baba Julie, I don't know. I didn't know that he could get beyond two in either language. Maybe he can secretly count in English, too?