Thursday, May 18, 2006

New accomplishments

Yesterday Raia took her first step! Well, that's a slight exaggeration. She's just getting to where she can stand on her own for a second or two, and she has a long way to go before she learns to walk, but she did try. She was standing up, holding on to something, so I called her. She turned and did a little jump-dive-step right into my arms!

Just recently I heard Jaan counting: "Час," (раз?) "ва, три," (four is too hard to say) "пять, шесть, семь, шесть, семь, шесть, семь. . . ." I had no idea that he could go beyond two! I also heard him say seven, when I said six in another conversation. Of course, he won't count at all, when I ask him to. He only does it when he thinks no one is listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For us, for yourselves, and for your children, I am thankful you are recording these significant and precious milestones.

Much love....

Phyllis said...

Baba Julie, I don't know. I didn't know that he could get beyond two in either language. Maybe he can secretly count in English, too?