Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Shkaf


The Shkaf
Originally uploaded by will mayakovsky

This is The Shkaf, former property of our church matriarch, Olga Grigorevna, who left her apartment to the church. For an idea of scale, it's about 6 feet high and close to 5 feet across. Truly a God send for us.
Hmmm... reminds me of the time my friend Nathan and I were getting acquainted with a russian toddler. He looks at Nathan and says 'he's a ... windowpane!!', at which his mother asks, 'well then, what is Will?' 'Him? He's a Shkaf!!' No hesitation, even. That was about 3/4 through Bible School for me, and I'd been eating well and sitting a lot. What can you say? Toddlers are just so very perceptive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still a Schkaf, my son? All that walking, etc., in Russia should have you more "windowpane-ish", I would think! But, then there's Phyllis's good cooking!! (Loving all these blogs!) Love y'all! Mom/Julie/Baba

e said...

HA!! I totally enjoyed that story! :)

I just got moved into an apartment near Aeroport metro...and it came complete with several shkafs, and not a single trunk filled with clothes-from-the-landlord's-dead-parents! I am considering myself very blessed :)