Friday, March 07, 2014

Two quick links

This blog post really reflects my own thoughts these days:
So, in answer to the many messages and emails that I have recently received:
Yes, I am safe. 
Yes, I have an emergency plan. 
No, I’m not okay. 
I’m not okay because my Ukrainian family is not okay....
I also found her title very apropos: "When Everything Changes Overnight." That part has been particularly disconcerting to me: it seems like so often the bigger events of the past few months have happened at night. I'd go to bed, having read rumors online (or with no warning at all!) and find out the next morning that something had happened. I've been learning to go to bed and sleep well, having left all of it in God's hands, though. Anyway, go read the rest of what she wrote....

And, second link: it's almost time for us to start reading Lenten Lights (English and Russian), and we're actually on the same schedule as the other half of the world this year. So, maybe some of you will be reading along with us? I'll get candles tomorrow, and we'll begin preparing our hearts for Easter.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Praying for you now, and for all that is going on there far beyond my understanding.