Sunday, August 28, 2016

Prayers for school

All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children.
Isaiah 54:13

Art school schedules

This is not organised thoughts and goals and plans about school yet. This is just a prologue... or something.

First, Bogdan is really protesting art school/preschool this year. Again. I've decided to make him go, because he really did love it last year, and he learned so much. But I'm also questioning it. I don't want to do anything at all that might make him think he hates learning. (Even now he's saying, "I don't want to go to school. I just want to learn at home."  So, we're still okay on that front.) He has a pretty full schedule, though: three sessions a week this year. I say sessions, not days, because it's far from three full days of preschool, but it's still a lot for him. They've added more subjects and mixed things up a bit, which I really like. Last year preschool was sitting at desks and concentrating. This year he'll have crafts, school prep, speech, rhythm, English, music, "lepka" (modeling clay), drawing/painting (with his favourite teacher!), and a general preschool class. Please pray that he'll really enjoy it, learn a lot, and that we'll have wisdom to evaluate if it's good for him.

Second, Asya is starting at music school! She's been looking forward to this for quite a while. She decided that she wants to play the flute, mainly because she knows the teacher from church. I thought we were set with that, but we found out today that the rules have changed; she has to have an "entrance exam" on Tuesday, and the teachers don't just take on students by their own choice anymore. Supposedly it's all just a formality, but I know she'll be nervous, and I also don't want her to end up with another teacher after she's anticipated this one for so long. So, please pray for Asya on Tuesday.

I don't have any special prayer requests for Jaan and Raia, but they can certainly use prayer as they also start into another school year.

And for me! I'm very, very excited that I get to go to a one-day homeschool seminar September 10. With travel time and a day of sightseeing, that means I'm gong to be away for a little while right at the beginning of the school year, though, and that makes me feel a little crazy. I'll be here for Bogdan's first two preschool days, but I'll already be gone by the third.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll try to write more homeschool details later, if for no other reason than that it helps me to think them out.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We are praying for you and your students as you begin the new school year.

Where is the seminar? Will you get to see the moms you already know? I am very pleased you are able to go; such seminars provide great encouragement and give many useful ideas.

Love, love, love you.