Monday, October 16, 2017

Just one of our happy days

Our days this fall have been especially full, partly filled with a family here for a few months. I am really enjoying the time we have with their kids a few days a week. They have five, which adds up to lots of fun, when they're all here with ours and the others who live in the front part of our house.

So, here are some of the photos I took today:






After our three oldest went to various activities and the guests left, the last three were pretty miserable. But coloring pages cheered them up. I was thoroughly enjoying the autumn evening light, while watching them color together and admiring their work. That's the last photo: "Nu, Lu, and Bo," the inseparable trio.

And before that last photo is the littlest American and littlest Tatar boy; they're close in age and really enjoy each other, even without any shared language. They even look a little bit similar and tend to wear matching red shirts. On the day that I took our kids and the Americans to a little concert, I did a head count when we all got out the gate. And I came up with an extra child. I had been afraid of loosing someone, not gaining extras! It was our little neighbour, of course. He hadn't even been with us that one day, though. Somehow he just appeared in his matching shirt and joined us as we left.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You are doing such a marvelous job of making them feel welcome and of joining disparate worlds into one. May blessings be heaped upon you. Love!

Baba Julie said...

What a wonderful experience for all the children! Yours have been exposed to many cultures, already, of course, but I love the "eleven children, speaking 3 different languages" post on FB. Children speak an "international" language all their own, I think! Yes, I agree with your mother, the Lord bless you! Love to you all! Julie/Baba/Mom