Saturday, April 27, 2019

Weekend

All my roommates left: some are well, others just going for the holiday. People tend to go shower and rest on the weekends, but with Easter coming, the hospital is really emptying out. Maybe it will be quieter... although they're putting a babushka from another room in here with me, at least for now.

My hip is hurting less now that it's stitched up. I'm taking ulcer medicine now, too, because apparently the pain meds are really hard on stomachs. Mine seems fine, but they want me to take it just in case. (My backside is suffering more than my stomach. I am so tired of shots!) Marina, who works in the Agape office and has the spiritual gift of feeding people, brings me food at least once a day, usually twice. I can't keep up with all the food she brings, but I am eating very well. It seems to surprise the doctors that I have an appetite and am eating.

I washed my hair by myself today. Earlier all the Agape ladies came and did that for me; now I can do it myself.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I remember last Sunday when I arose for our Easter, the eastern sky was just beginning to color; trees were silhouetted against that pale sky; birds were singing, and we were celebrating the greatest miracle of all time. It's the same today for your Easter. He is risen, indeed!

Please know we love you and care deeply abut what is happening there. Our wold is definitely colored by your pain, but we cling to God's faithfulness, goodness and love.