Saturday, August 31, 2019

Joy and rest... and more


I hope everyone read Will's post on Facebook from when we were still in Kyiv. We are so thankful and so happy. All week I've felt like the good news is slowly sinking in: 50% less cancer in my body! Praise God! Most of this week I've been resting and and rejoicing and recovering from the trip. Will, too. His seasonal allergies are really bad, so he's also having to rest some. Our kids might be resting? But in a different way. They've been squeezing out every last drop of summer in running around with their friends, riding bikes all over (Jaan and his friends), visiting back and forth (Raia and Asya and friends), and sleepovers.

This morning I read a short chapter about joy and rest in Champagne for the Soul. I have been amazed by all the joy all through all of this journey from the very beginning, and the idea that joy and rest go together really resonated with me. "The Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds" (Psalm 149:4-5).

So, what's next? Like I said before, my doctor was out of town. The doctor we saw is the head of the chemo department (not the oncologist they had scheduled us with). I know her, and I think she's a little more cautious and optimistic than my doctor. This one said two more Keytrudas, then another scan. (Ugh. I've already had three this year.) I think my doctor might want to do a few more before checking again. We'll see. But we're continuing on, as we have been. I have tickets for my next trip Sept. 16. Please keep praying!

More immediately, we need to start into the school year. The First of September is the traditional opening day for school, but since it's a Sunday this year, we'll just celebrate that day, then get to work on Monday and Tuesday. Bogdan has his "entrance exam" for music school on Tuesday, so please pray for him. Please also pray that we can easily get his medical paper for starting.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you so much for posting; it's wonderful to "hear" your voice. We rejoice with you and continue to pray. Much love to you all!

Baba Julie said...

Yes, it's so good to "hear" from you! Thank you, always for the updates and blog posts. We are overjoyed, as well, and PRAYING!! We will be praying for all of you as you start school. Praying that you all get good rest, as well! Love you!!