Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day hasn't really been celebrated here, so we've never really noticed it ourselves, and we often forget to say anything to our mothers about it. Sorry, Moms! We love you! Happy Mother's Day to you this year.


This morning I was sitting outside, almost ready to go inside and watch our online church service, when I heard someone pounding on a gate. Ours or the babushka next door? More pounding and then the sound of her fussing loudly. The other family here had a big iftar last night, so I thought it might be someone coming to get the outdoor cooking supplies and extra tables. I peeked out and saw Babushka G. grumping at someone from our church. He saw me and realized that he had the wrong gate. Then he pulled out three bouquets of flowers. Babushka G.'s face changed so suddenly that it was hilarious. Now he was such a good boy to bring me flowers! A quick happy Mother's Day to me and my girls from the church, and he was off. I was so surprised!

In the past few years our church has moved from March 8 to Mother's Day, but I really appreciate how they still take note of all women and girls, mothers, potential future mothers, spiritual mothers, everyone. And this year some of the men who have cars delivered flowers to all of us! If you watch the slide show near the end here, you can see some of us with our flowers. (There were a lot more photos sent in to the group later, and even though they didn't make it online, it was really good to see all the faces we've been missing in real life.)

Raia's artwork

3 comments:

Baba Julie said...

So beautiful! And, what a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day for YOU! We are so grateful to God for you, the mother and wife you are and how He has and is working in your healing! Praise God! We love you!

Mom said...

To know that you have been recognized makes my heart happy. And Raia's artwork--stunning! Our hearts are still jumping for joy with the news of your healing--what a glorious, incredible gift! We love you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise to receive the beautiful flowers. So happy for you. Raia's artwork is magnificent.