My parents came to visit for two weeks, and we had a wonderful time with them. The first bit of the visit was a whirlwind. They arrived on a Wednesday evening. Thursday morning Asya, Bogdan, Dad, and I left for Kherson where Raia's best friend was getting married. We travelled all day Thursday, then all night, and arrived in Kherson Friday morning. The wedding was Friday afternoon, so we jumped almost right into preparations. Then we celebrated together. It was so good to be there! (And so hard to have Raia in Alaska instead of with us!)
After the wedding we had a day to spend time at church and with friends. I can't share the photos from around there, but it was a good little visit. Good for Dad to see and hear and talk to people.
Jaan, Yana, Mom, and Will had quieter days in Ivano-Frankivsk and went out to dinner one evening.
Then we had a crazy trip back from Kherson. Getting tickets these days can be very difficult. There was one set Kherson-Mykolaiv, Mykolaiv-Dolinska, Dolinska-IF; I bought those for Asya. I loved this photo that she took while waiting in Dolinska:
These rest of us went to Kyiv and spent the night. Apparently everyone was very tired on the way there:
















No comments:
Post a Comment