Monday, June 20, 2005

Raia and her men



Originally uploaded by fylliska.





Originally uploaded by fylliska.

So far, Raia's first week with us has been much easier than Jaan's first week was. Will hasn't had to spend any long nights walking back and forth with her. He says that he hasn't missed it. He's just had to make a point of stealing some special time with her during the days.

As much as we love our sweet Raia, I think her greatest admirer is her big brother. He wants to hold her constantly, share all his snacks with her (!), give her toys, dress and undress her, kiss her, and just be with her all the time. He comes running, says, "Lyalya" (baby), and pats his lap, trying to convince me to let him hold her, whenever she fusses. I guess he thinks he can comfort her better than anyone else?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tender and precious photos. We love you all--Mom

Anonymous said...

Phyllis,

Keep those pictures coming. It helps to see them. We don't feel so far away when we read and see what is going on.

I'm practicing for our December visit (if we can pull it off) by standing with the refrigerator door open in just my shorts. ( - ;

We love you all (or should I say ya'll),
Dad

Anonymous said...

Such precious pictures!! Jaan is so cute with her! Raiah is just such a beautiful baby! I love all her blonde hair and truly she doesn't look like a newborn her lovely it rosy body is so sweet and such a nice size! She is gorgeous!! How did the home birth go? What happened with Will and Camp? I am not on the shed anymore so perhaps you have written all about this. I am so glad to see you all together. You and Will are amazing people!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaan congratulations on being a Big Brudder!! You are handling Raia like a pro.. we need to get together so you can give me some tips and advice. Just 3 1/2 more months and it will be my turn. I also think Raia is much cuter than your newborn pics.. you sorta had the plucked chicken look going.. no offense there Bud! you've filled out nicely :) We love you and are praying for your family. Can't wait to see you again!
Caleb Beaird
ps Take real good care of your Mommy!