Friday, December 07, 2007

Clarification

I'm not sure I've said this clearly. After the court decision we will be coming to the States. No, we don't have the money for it, and, no, this is not the way we would want to do it, but we will have to leave.

The main prayer request is that we would be able to return to Russia after that! The judge could decide to deport me, which would mean that I would not be allowed enter Russia for five years or more. Or the decision could be different, and we'd get exit visas to leave in around two weeks after that. Either way, we'll be leaving, for a short time (as we hope and pray), or. . . .

Also pray that God would provide the finances we need! To quote a prayer request from a Gospelink letter that came in recently: "We be in need of financial situation."

(And, no, we still don't have a court date.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah... I didn't completely understand, either!! So, we will see you before too long, one way or the other! We continue to pray and love you all!! Baba Julie

Loving Life said...

We'll be praying for you all! Have the kids ever been to the states?
Loving the pics! Advent is SO fun!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Do you have an account that could be donated to? Which part of the US would you be visiting? It seems that some part of your family is in FL so that must be on the travel plans.

Stephanie in AR

Anonymous said...

Well I know it isn't what you wanted. On the bright side (for me anyway) I'll be happy to see you all and meet my nieces and see my nephew again. I will definitely be praying for the financial situation that you be in need of :) And that you won't get deported. love you all!

Phyllis said...

Debi, Jaan visited when he had just turned 1. He doesn't remember that, and neither of the girls have been there yet.

Stephanie, thank you for asking. I just updated (finally!) our web site with that information. We'll be in North Carolina and Florida.

Anonymous said...

my spiritual heart is breaking for you... we continue to pray that God will intervene in a mighty way! We will also pray that the Lord blesses you greatly as you are home with family. There's always a positive right? =)

Allie said...

I'm sorry for this stressful situation! It must be crazy. We will be so happy to see you, though, and meet Raia and Asya, and have you meet Iain and baby. We'll be praying (more).