Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Evening Post, issue 21


(Wow. This is my 1001 blog post?!?)

A photo from this week:

She froze on the way home from church

Jaan: His reading skills are still surprising me. It really is different to have a child who can just take an assignment and work on it by himself. Or who is constantly telling me tidbits that he read in the children's encyclopedia that he's so in love with.

Raia... bounces everywhere, all the time, without ever stopping. She never just walks from one place to another. She would make a good rabbit or kangaroo. Even when she's just conversing with someone she hops in place. Unfortunately, our downstairs neighbor complained, so we're trying to teach her to walk like a lady inside and hop outside. No success, so far.

Asya: The sweetest part of this week was when Asya decided to list off her thankfulnesses for me. Other people have mentioned how cute her voice is, and I just melted, sitting there listening to her saying, "I'm thankful for..." with great expression and creativity and large gestures.

Baby... doesn't listen to books that say it should be getting too crowded to move around much in there!

Will... spent a lot of time this past week working on details and tickets for getting group from here to a youth conference next weekend.

School this week: We finished Week 22. When we read about St. Augustine, Jaan must have picked up my love for his writings. I had him pull down both our copies of The Confessions (in both languages), and now he says that's what he wants to read next.

My books: I'm continuing to savor The Thousand Gifts. Watching the videos, and seeing Ann's photos again really adds to it.

...and my вязание (since I can't come up with a good English word that means kitting-crocheting): I finished the little pants, at least as far as getting them off my needles. Instead of sewing up the waistband and taking pictures and such, I got sidetracked by a great new pattern, though. So, I guess you can expect photos next week, of both pants and this new hat. My newborn set is almost finished; I just want to add socks or booties. Having it all laid out on the table here just makes me smile.

Weather and nature observations: Cold and clear and sunny again outside. And we have spring inside! We forced some forsythia twigs and another butterfly came out of its chrysalis early.

Other news, ministry, notes and miscellaneous from the week: There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary.

On this date in. . . 2009: We were studying skunks.

holy experience

Just a few things I'm thankful for...
  • Asya's own thanks
  • fun, clever knitting patterns
  • homeschooling!
  • Will's breakfasts every morning

3 comments:

Mom said...

That new knitting pattern is darling (as are the pants you have nearly finished). At first I thought you were going to have to knit from Swedish directions--adding another language to the complexity, but then I scrolled down far enough to see the English.

Is the butterfly you mention the one on the forsythia? I thought it was a moth, but it's hard to tell from the photo.

We love each of you.

Mom (again) said...

...and I am very pleased to read that Will is still fixing you his incredible breakfasts. Way to go, Will!

Baba Julie said...

I love the pictures at Ann's blog, too! Thanks for putting the link there. It made me want to go!

And, the knitting/crocheting!! So cute! Can't wait to see what you do next! Love you all!