Sunday, January 15, 2012

Random glimpses

A few things...

Bogdan's doctor dropped by a few days ago. She said that he's skinny and doesn't have enough teeth, so she recommended feeding him meat. Hmm. (All our babies have tended to be small and get their teeth late.) She also prescribed vitamin D drops, which probably aren't a bad idea this time of year. If you have a favorite American brand, please let me know. It looks like oil-based and natural would be best, and what we can get here is nothing special and in water.

I've had a lovely morning. Bogdan is still coughing, so I stayed home from church with him. My plans to knit and listen to a sermon got canceled by a certain clingy little guy. So, we sat in the rocking chair, listened to quiet praise music and just looked out the window at the winter wonderland outside. Sunshine! And snow!



This has been the most snowless winter yet, I think. That's hard for me. I love snow. Even in Russia I didn't get tired of it. So, days like this are a special gift for me.

(Bogdan didn't sleep for long, and everyone came home before I was done writing.)

Pictures of Bogdan from the past few days:



7 comments:

Rebecca said...

We've always given DD cod liver oil for her vitamin D. We buy Carlson brand.

Mom said...

Can that child get any cuter? I don't think so.

Love and prayers...

Baba Julie said...

Isn't that the truth, Kathy? He is ADORABLE!! And, he looks very much like the Robertsons, too! Love to all!

Baba Julie said...

I forgot my other thought... Those Robertson "girls" have some BEAUTIFUL babies! Congrats on the new granddaughter and niece!

Mom said...

Agreed. We are blessed indeed.

Jessica Curtis said...

So cute! And the snow pictures are beautiful!
P.S. All of our kids have been underweight and get their teeth late too.

Brandy Vencel said...

We use fermented high-vitamin cod liver oil by Green Pastures brand. A little goes a long way with that brand!

Another option is to kill two birds with one stone and do liver feeding. Liver is extremely high in fat soluble vitamins, including vitamin D. In a number of cultures it, along with soft-boiled egg yolks (not whites) are baby's first foods.

Of course, he doesn't look too thin to me, but then again my children were all very scrawny! :) He's a cutie...