Sunday, January 22, 2012

This week in school

I started writing this at the beginning of last week and never finished. We had gotten a slow-ish start back into school the week before. So, I was listing a few things that we didn't get to, that I wanted to add in now. What started as something like goals for the week ahead is now a wrap up of the week that's already past.

What we added in....
  • Russian folk song:


  • Ukrainian song: the fifth one here
  • Hymns: "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" in English and Russian
  • Outdoor time with me (more about this later?)
Now I need to look at the week ahead, too. Last week we had trouble with our routine. Much of it centers around meal times. With Bogdan eating now, I can't balance a book and food and him on my lap and his grabby hands. I think we need to get a high chair, but until then, I need to rethink things a little. This week we'll try fitting all our mealtime subjects (Bible, hymns, memory work, poetry, other music) into a session of Morning School, in the children's room. They love when we do that, because they can quietly play with toys while they listen.

(Heather, the one who commented recently, could you please write to me? I'd love to correspond more with you!)

2 comments:

Baba Julie said...

Sounds great! You are such a good Mama and teacher! Love you!

Heather Powell said...

I just sent you an email, but in case it gets lost along the way, our email address is powell@pobox.com.