Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baby steps (and more)




Bogdan is trying hard to walk these days. He has been much, much slower to take off than any of his older siblings, but he did take four steps the night before we left Florida. Since then, he has discovered that he can get around upright quite well when he borrows Asya's doll stroller, and so he does. He rolls it up to where he wants to play, parks it while he is busy, and then takes off again when he's ready. He's still not walking on his own, though. The first two pictures are just of something he loves to do: crawl around with shoes on his hands.

And the "more" part of the title is that I'm sorry I've been neglecting writing here. I've been very busy with a big project online. (AO friends, have you heard rumors of a forum coming? ) Plus, I've just been really enjoying being back in Ukraine: playing outside, talking to neighbors, swimming and going for walks. It's been really hot, so the swimming part of that list has been especially wonderful. I'll be back to writing more regularly sometime soon, I'm sure. I still have a lot of photos from our trip that I want to share, too.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Yay for Bogdan!! I knew he'd walk when he was ready to. =-)

Baba Julie said...

Smart boy!! He knows what he wants!! And, hey! If someone would carry me around or if I had a nifty stroller to push, I probably wouldn't go to the walking trouble, either!!! (:

Phyllis said...

Well, she's still not really walking, but he is getting around, and he will walk someday.

Baba Julie said...

This is SO sweet! I had to go back and look, again! And, he is PRACTICING his walking, Phyllis!! He WILL walk! (without the stroller) (: Love y'all!