Friday, June 28, 2019

Kyiv and art camp

Our Kyiv trip went well. Travel was easy (for me. Will was hot all the time and didn't sleep, but he was okay.) Inpatient and outpatient infusions are a little different, but not hard to figure out. We were at the clinic for about four hours. They do a physical and blood work first, wait for the results, then the infusion. I didn't know it beforehand, but they also put allergy medicine into my IV this time, and that hit me like a tranquilliser dart. I thought it was plain fluid to get started like last time, and I couldn't understand why I fell asleep pretty much at the first drop. I woke up when they came to switch to Keytruda and went back to sleep. Then I slept in the taxi to our friends' home afterwards--but I could tell that shouldn't have been a very sleepy ride--and I took a nice nap in bed once we got there. That wore off soon, though, and there weren't any problems.

My anaemia has gone down from "2nd level," to 1st, so I don't have to take the gross liquid three times a day anymore. I also don't have to go for blood tests halfway this time. I do now have 1st level liver toxicity, though. The doctor added pills to help with that, and we need to pray those liver numbers go down before next time. My pain levels have also been lower the past few days, which has been wonderful, but it can fluctuate wildly, so keep praying. Please remember, we won't know if this Keytruda is working until after the fourth time.

Thank you so much to everyone who is praying for us and actually making it possible for me to get this treatment!


While we were away, our kids have been having a wonderful time. The art school has been sending a constant stream of photos and even videos. That was especially nice when we were so far away! Here are just a few highlights:


(Uh-huh. And the one with the face here is his great friend.)







Unfortunately Jaan doesn't get into the photos much. Running the sound board isn't very photographical. This year there are a few children with autism at camp, and he has been helping in their groups, too, though, so maybe we'll see more of him soon.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Phyllis I’ve been checking often to see if you’ve left a post/update. It’s so good to hear answers to our prayers, and now some added ways we can pray. I just know there’s an army of saints praying for you & your precious family, day and night. X

Mom said...

Thank you for this update and the pictures. Continued prayers and steadfast love.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us updated. Looks like camp is lots of fun. Love all the photos!

Unknown said...

Praying all goes well . That your liver count goes down and stay normal. Also, for complete healing. Peace for family. John 14:27

Baba Julie said...

Thank you for this update! We are praying w/ you about the liver counts and are just delighted that it went as well as it did. The art camp pictures are just precious, too!! Glad they got one of Jaan, as well! (: Love to you all!

Unknown said...

Praying in California for the treatments and healing and the whole family as you walk through this together with your Good Shepherd.