Sunday, October 06, 2019

Keytruda #6


Thank you so much for all the prayers and support. My trip to Kyiv and back was quite uneventful. Two overnight trains in a row is rough, but I made it. Everything went really smoothly at the clinic, too. No trouble with the IV or anything. I was worried about that, after the IV disasters here recently.

The one complication that did come up is that I am now officially too underweight for the Keytruda dosage. Apparently it's all or nothing, too; when medicine is worth its weight in gold, you don't just dump a little down the sink before giving it to a smaller person. My own doctor examined me very thoroughly and decided that she couldn't approve it, just because of my weight. So, she called in the head of the chemo department. That doctor also examined me and very tentatively approved. She cancelled the sleepy medicine, too. (That's the allergy medicine they've been giving me to avoid a repeat of the little rash I got after the first time.) Without that, I'm tired, but I didn't have the extreme sleepiness during and after that I usually get. But, she said that if I have the slightest reaction of any kind, we're done with Keytruda for now.

I felt so much better than usual that I went to the botanical garden and walked and sat and took pictures after I left the clinic. That was wonderful! I even saw a squirrel there.

It is so good to be home now, too. Bogdan can't stop hugging me, and I'm loving that. I'm tired, but I'm loving my soft bed after the trains.

My next appointment is very tentatively scheduled for October 25, but they said not even to buy tickets yet. We're supposed to see how things go for at least a week or more, then they will confirm, if I'm doing well (and gaining weight?). So, please keep praying!








4 comments:

Mom said...

The news hurts...oh, how we are praying! I think Bogdan has the right idea; I wish we could do the same. The garden is lovely, and I know beauty feeds your soul.

Baba Julie said...

Dear Phyllis... We are so sorry to hear this news. We will be praying that you gain weight and do NOT get a rash! Happy that you are back home. We love you!

Candie said...

And all I can think of is, I have a lovely fresh baked bread recipe that's super easy. Would that help in the weight dept? I've been praying for you and I'm glad you got this one under your belt. One at a time, right? Love, Candie

Дома с мамой said...

Praying, Phyliis.