Tuesday, December 31, 2019

I love our art school!


Saturday, when I was in Kyiv, Will had to be at Migration, Jaan and Raia were busy with youth events, Asya had her last art classes before the break. What to do with Bogdan? She took him with her. And, instead of just making him sit and wait for her, apparently they pulled him right in and let him be a 6th grader for the day.


Then, yesterday, when four of us were sick or plain exhausted, weather was icky, our neighbors were leaving for Crimea, and Asya and Bogdan were going stir crazy, I remembered that art school was doing some extra master classes. One was starting in about an hour. I called and registered Asya. Again, Bogdan was officially too young, but they said that of course he could come, too. After one class, Asya called me and asked if they could stay for another. I had only sent money for one, but they got permission to pay later. So, they were two very happy children!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool Phyllis! I have enjoyed your posts about your children's art classes over the years and wish that we had something similar in our area. I'm guessing that maybe some larger cities in the States might have something like that, but mostly art classes are relegated to public schools. Same thing for music...although we do have a school of music only 25 minutes away by car. We have never had the stamina to get involved. It would be lovely to have something within walking distance for the older children!

Baba Julie said...

They did an INCREDIBLE job!! I imagine they have INCREDIBLE teachers!! The children are SO blessed!! Love to you all!!

Mom said...

And I love your art school as well--because of what it adds to the lives of your entire family...and because of the wonderful experience I had being part of your painting class three years ago. We continue to be very thankful for art teachers who add so much color to your lives. Love you.