Monday, December 30, 2019

Keytruda #10 and document troubles

I'm home after another trip to Kyiv. My blood tests looked good (except for anemia), and at the end of the day I got the Keytruda. I had a really rough morning, though. At first my blood pressure dropped, and I passed out and felt awful. They gave me an electrolyte IV, before we could even get down to business. But it worked out, and I was thankful again that everyone is so nice there! The doctor added a medicine for diarrhea to my routine, so hopefully my stomach will be happier this time around. Tentatively, I can say that it already seems somewhat better. I ate like a queen while I was in Kyiv; I tried a fancy Chinese restaurant on Friday, and Saturday I had a holiday special turkey dinner at our favourite cheap restaurant chain.

While I was in Kyiv, Will found out really bad news here. Our residency comes up for renewal January 21. We were on top of things and started the process early, so that everything would be ready to go in on January 2 when they reopen after New Year. But their schedule changed, and because of that, Friday was the last day we could submit documents. It was already too late in the day then, and I wasn't present. So, after a sleepless night for the wonderful lady who does our invitations and lots of appeals the next day, the final decision is that we have to leave Ukraine, apply for new visas and start the residency process over again. This is the very short, unemotional version of it all. It's not short and unemotional in real life, though.

Also, I have a cold, and Will's not feeling great.

Please pray for us!

4 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

I wish I could be nearby to help in any way possible. Document troubles are certainly nothing new in your lives in the area but also so unwanted. You are in my thoughts everyday and I know your strong family will weather this storm with God’s guidance. Love you!

JoyH said...

Dear Phyllis,

I wish I could give you a hug! Visa problems and having to leave are so hard. I'm sorry that this trouble has come to you, and hope that you are able to see the Lord leading you and your family through this situation. Our family also has experienced having to unwillingly leave our adopted country due to not getting expected visas. It is not easy, but it is possible. I do pray for you and your family that you'll be able to figure out the logistics of where and when and be able to continue your medical treatments wherever you are.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean NOT unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He SHALL direct thy paths." May these verses give you comfort and they have us and countless other Christians in similarly frustrating circumstances.

Love,

JoyH

Caryn said...

Oh Phyllis! I am praying so hard for this situation that your family is facing. BUT GOD...He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or imagine. So we ask, seek, knock!
Love and prayers,
Caryn

daisy said...

I always like to remember when things are TOTALLY out of my control they are COMPLETELY in God's control. Praying you (Phyllis)feel well enough to travel and that all things go smoothly. From Desirae