Thursday, December 15, 2005

They're here!

It's so wonderful to have two grandparent visits in one year! My parents arrived safely last night, and not so late as we expected. One of our missionary friends "just happened" to be on the train from Vladimir to Moscow with Will yesterday morning. When he heard that Will was going in to meet my parents, he offered to drive them back from Vladimir. So, when their train arrived in Vladimir, Sasha got his car and drove the last leg of the trip. It was on his way home. . . about like Tallahassee would be on the way home to Miami from Orlando.

So far they haven't frozen. Dad came out to video tape and photograph Jaan playing outside this morning. He and Jaan had a great time kicking and throwing snow.

Dad took these pictures:

Jaan with Baba Kathy
Originally uploaded by fylliska.




Sled train
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

This is the one I needed to go with my post yesterday.




The Caboose!
Originally uploaded by fylliska.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Nathan, that's exactly what I meant! He went the opposite direction "on his way home." :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I loved you explanation of the drive, I got it. Very nice Russian man there!

Glad your parents arrived safely have a great time! They must just be over them moon to see their grandchildren in person!!!

Your pictures are great! You look great Phyllis. I just love your long skirt in the snow, it reminds me so much of winter at the monastery. Great sled train!!!! What is that expression..... , "necessity is the mother of invention"!!