Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Little bit

Did you notice this, all the way down at the bottom?


I can testify to the fact that at least the first part is true. For about a week now, this baby has had a regular hiccup fit at 9:30 every night.

I'm appreciating Will more and more these days! He's NOT a morning person, but he's been jumping out of bed at the first sound from the children every morning. Then he makes sure I have a snack, before I even get up, and he starts them eating their breakfasts. I can come out to breakfast ready for me most days, too. (One morning I got up in time to hear, "Papa, I want two eggs, with broccoli and no cheese, please." Does Jaan think he has his own personal short-order chef now?) All this to say, I appreciated it, but didn't know quite how much until Will was gone yesterday. It was not a pretty picture with Mama trying to pull breakfast together, while running back and forth to. . . well, you know what morning sickness means.


By the way, if you don't know what a dacha is, or if you just want to know more about them, this is a good link. Oh, and this one might be even better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's precious- eggs and broccoli for breakfast? =-) I've been quite impressed with Will's breakfast and mothering skills, as well. It's been nice to observe over the last three summers what a good father(and host) he has become. Speaking as his sister, it has come as a very pleasant surprise.

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for Will! Much love to each one....

Loving Life said...

That is really interesting about the dacha- and I'm so impressed with Will too. Isn't it a real blessing to have tender hearted husbands?
So are you 19 weeks along now? I remember you saying you were due in the fall but that was it.
Did you get my most recent email/blog? Crazy times! Please, keep these posts coming as morning sickness allows :) I check them every day!
tata my Friend!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love the eggs with brocolli and no cheese!! Will must have inherited his omelet (well, it SOUNDS like an omelet) skills from his dad! It does my heart good to know that he's such a sweet father/mother!!(: Love to all! Baba Julie

Mrs said...

Wow Phyllis -- I guess I should have done the math to know you were already so far along! I pray your morning sickness will end soon.

Congrats again on the dacha! Praying for visas!

Anonymous said...

awww, its really sweet :) Jim was the same way when I was prenant with Julia (and he still is, right now he's the official kasha maker here :) ). Hope you feel better soon!
Olya H.

Phyllis said...

Yes, 19 weeks! Almost halfway! This pregnancy is flying by; the others seemed to drag. Debi, I'm definitely praying for you. (Everyone else, please pray for her, too. She's pregnant, and their baby is trying a make an early appearance.)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love the Dacha! Enjoy : )