Thursday, September 23, 2010

Archiving quotes

I haven't picked up True Spirituality for a long time, so I'll move my quotes from it out of the sidebar. They're still worth keeping, of course!

"I am to love God enough to be contented. . . . When I lack proper contentment, I have forgotten that God is God. . . . A quiet disposition and a heart giving thanks is the real test of the extent to which we love and trust God."
--Francis Schaeffer in True Spirituality, Chapter 1

"Christ called his followers to take up the cross daily. True, we accept Christ as Savior once for all; we are justified, and our guilt is gone forever. But after that there is this daily, moment-by-moment aspect. The existentialist is right when he puts his emphasis on the reality of the moment-by-moment situation. He is wrong in many things, but he is right there."
--Francis Schaeffer in True Spirituality, Chapter 2

No comments: