Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Evening Post, issue 4


A photo from this week:



Jaan... surprises me with how much he's motivated by grades. He's been studying his music textbook by himself. And it's all in Ukrainian! (His third--and very weak--language!) I think it might be a little too much pressure, though, because he's cried over music homework a few times already. He never cries over school with me.

Raia... has been trying to write in English this week!

Asya... was just being silly in the photo above. She had all the toys out and a goat horn held up to turn herself into a rhinoceros.

Will... had good youth meetings and invited everyone here for one of those on Wednesday. It turned into an impromptu having everybody over for supper, too. I can't really tell if his allergies are any better, but they're not knocking him off his feet like they did in the spring.

School this week: Week 7 done! My favorite part was our first taste of Shakespeare together. I read a retelling of A Midsummer Night's Dream to Jaan (and the real thing myself), and then we watched a charming little silent film from 1909.

My books and knitting: Nothing new, really. Still going on very happily with the same books and projects.

Weather and nature observations:
We're back to clear, sunny and beautiful. No frost. I've noticed that when a change of season is coming, they start predicting it way too early. It was the same way when I was waiting for the heat to break this summer. Always, down at the end of the forecast, there would be lower temps, but as the days approached, that went away. Now it's the same with frost.

Other news, ministry, notes and miscellaneous from the week: By the way, when I said last week was just ordinary, for Will that means, Monday evening choir practice, Tuesday church leaders meeting, Wednesday youth Bible study, Thursday choir, Friday free!, Saturday youth fellowship, Sunday choir and preaching. This week was similar. And just now we got back from gathering with all the youth for Lena's birthday, which was great fun.

On this date in. . . 2007: it's fun to read about daily life from what seems like so long ago.

Just a few things I'm thankful for...holy experience
  • fellowship
  • weekend naps!
  • time together
  • collecting acorns (There are some really pretty kinds here!)
  • fall flowers


My question for you: What kinds of questions should I ask? Your responses are my favorite part of this, but I can't think of what to ask!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Somehow I don't generally think of a rhino as cute, but this one is adorable!

Greatly do I look forward to the Sunday evening posts.

Much love to each precious one....

Baba Julie said...

The FLOWERS are GORGEOUS!! What kinds are they?

Poor Jaan! This may just be adjustment time with the music. You've got to remember that this is a totally new venture for him. He may also be expecting too much from himself.

As far as questions, how about: What exciting, encouraging or challenging thing have you done in your life this week? (It might just be making a new recipe - Coconut Lime Beef Stew!! (: Love y'all!!

Misty said...

When I cannot think of what to ask, my stand-by is to simply ask High/Low? What was your highest point today/week/whatever? And what was your lowest?