Friday, November 21, 2014

A few recent photos and more

This is the one-year anniversary of the beginning of Maidan. They're calling it the Day of Dignity and Freedom. It's hard to believe that it's only been a year: a long, roller coaster year for sure! Please keep praying for Ukraine.

I've been sick (or sick-ish) for almost two weeks now. That really cuts back on what I do, but the rest of the family has been busy as usual. Random bits of that:
Jaan and Raia got to go to a summer camp reunion. I shared a few of the photos that they were given there, but I might have to post more soon. Camp was such a highlight of their summer!

Raia and Asya went to the second annual (?) MK girls sleepover, and had a wonderful time, of course. Those of us who weren't included in that watched a "scary movie" (Star Wars).

Bogdan had to cling to his big brother,
because he was so convinced that he would be scared.
Fall colors are mostly gone, but this was our cherry tree about a week ago.

Only a handful of these leaves are left now.
Raia got a pet rat. She had been wanting one for quite a while, and when she found 100 griven on the ground, she knew right away what she wanted to spend it on.

His name is Martin.
This big boy is still cute when he naps.
I had to get a pic of Asya in here, too.
And I can use that last photo as an advertisement for my friend's new book. I highly recommend it for all educators!

1 comment:

Baba Julie said...

Lovely pictures! Thanks for posting! I'm so happy that Raia got Martin! I know she will enjoy him. It seems the love of rodents runs in our family, huh? And, how are you? What kind of "sickish" are you? Praying for you to feel better soon!! Love y'all!